For over 37 years, our communities have been founded on providing the absolute best care for our residents. Without their trust in us, we wouldn’t be here today, and we are extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve them and create truly personalized experiences every single day.
We are exercising an abundance of caution and doing everything in our control to prevent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from impacting our communities. Our established protocols are in line with those recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and all other national, state, and local governing bodies, as well as local health officials.
We understand times like this can feel unsettling. We want all of our residents, families and employees to know that we are in this together, and that we are fully prepared to navigate this ever-changing situation.
Updated as of March 18, 2020
Proactive Dining Measures For All Residents
With ever-changing information around COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to use an abundance of caution in our efforts to keep our communities safe. Read More
- March 13, 2020 Update: Information For Clinical Partners
- March 13, 2020 Update: Communication To Independence Village Employees
- March 13, 2020 Update: Total Visitor Restriction To Independence Village Communities
- March 12, 2020 Update: Procedure For Personal Deliveries To Residents
- March 12, 2020 Update: Limited Visitor Access To Independence Village Communities
- March 11, 2020 Update: Communication To Independence Village Employees
- March 11, 2020 Update: Independence Village Senior Living’s Commitment During COVID-19
The safety of our residents and employees is our highest priority. We have been in consistent communication with our residents and families via print communication, phone calls, social channels and more about our protocols and as we have updated information. Here are the preventative measures we’re taking to maintain the well-being of those we serve.
- We have defined a preventative maintenance process that has tasked each department with disinfecting and sanitizing high traffic areas of our communities (handrails, elevators, dining room tables/furniture, etc.) three times per day.
- We utilize CDC-recommended cleaning products for all disinfecting and sanitizing.
- All resident events scheduled outside our communities and off-site life enrichment outings have been postponed.
- All community activities that require an outside partner have been postponed.
- All group life enrichment activities have been postponed. Our life enrichment teams will continue organizing activities unique to each resident in their apartments to maintain resident safety while keeping them connected to our communities.
- All business development specialists will be working exclusively outside of our communities, and all events involving other professionals will be held off-site.
- Our wellness teams perform routine check-ins with each resident every day to ensure the well-being of our residents and monitor for any symptoms.
- All meals are being delivered to residents in their apartments in secured containers.
- We are utilizing our virus-specific menu planning checklist to ensure nutritional adequacy, which includes foods sufficient in vitamins A and C, and in protein.
- We have distributed a variety of communications on COVID-19 throughout our communities including information about our protocols, and resources from the CDC on COVID-19 symptoms and how to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have formed a designated internal team dedicated to providing routine updates about COVID-19.
- All shuttle services have been temporarily paused; the shuttle will only operate to accommodate residents’ health care appointments.
- All new move-ins follow 14-day separation “quarantine” protocols to ensure any illness stays contained.
- All employees receive complimentary meals during their shifts that are provided in a secured container.
- We have implemented mandatory reinforcement training for all employees on ceasing the spread of germs and viruses.
- We are taking the temperature of all employees at the start of their shift and filling out a questionnaire with their travel information and health status.
- In the event COVID-19 impacts our communities, we’ve formed a staffing task force of voluntary, specially trained employees to travel to affected communities to fill any employee gaps.
- In accordance with local mandates, only essential visitors will have access into our communities. Essential visitors include health care personnel such as hospice services.
- Loved ones can drop off items for residents to our communities from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days per week. Please call ahead to alert us that you will be coming, and mark packages with the resident’s name and your name so we can properly deliver the package.