Privacy For Your Loved One. Peace Of Mind For You.
For your parents or loved ones, it’s about finding the right community for their unique needs and desires. Our variety of senior living options ensures your loved ones will have access to any services they may need when they need it.
From daily assistance for active and independent residents to comprehensive memory care services, our employees strive to provide each individual with the support and attention they deserve.
We’d be happy to guide you through this process. Give us a call or fill out the form below to schedule a visit to an Independence Village community near you.
Unsure which living option is the right fit?
Signs Your Loved One May Need Senior Living
Behavioral changes may indicate your loved one is ready to transition into a senior living community. Here are a few signs to watch for:
- Frequent phone calls to you or other family members
- Requests for company when running errands
- Unwillingness/inability to participate in favorite hobbies or activities
If you believe your loved one would benefit from more social interaction and support, contact your nearest Independence Village community. We would love to hear your story and help direct you to the best solution for your family.
Talking To Your Loved One
Talking to your loved one about senior living can be challenging. We’re here to help you navigate the subject. Here are a few tips for how to talk to your loved one about moving into a senior living community.
- Do your research. This will help you answer any questions or dispel any fears your loved one may have.
- Express your concerns as a friend or family member.
- Anticipate objections, but be sure to remain calm and loving no matter how resistant your loved one may become.
- Discuss the financial aspects and determine the cost of at home care versus moving into a senior living community.
- Communicate commitment by reassuring your loved one you will be present and available during and after the moving process.
We’re here to support you. Contact one of our expert Community Specialists today if you have any questions or for more information on how to start the conversation.
Our goal is to support you with a variety of financial resources to help make your loved one’s transition into senior living as seamless as possible.
- Financial solutions – In most cases, we can provide solutions to help make your loved one’s move into senior living easier to accomplish.
- Real estate services – Once a decision has been made, our specialists are ready to guide you with every step of selling your loved one’s home.
- Veteran’s benefits assistance – Our partnership with Elder Law attorneys provides you with free seminars featuring Veteran’s Aid, Attendance Benefits and how to qualify.
- Insurance services – We’ll conduct a complimentary review of long-term care policies to help you and your loved one understand available options.
Our specialists are experienced in the many options available to you and your loved one. We also partner with Elder Life to ensure you are provided with the absolute best solution for your needs.
We understand it’s a hard topic to discuss, however, it’s important for your loved one’s legal matters to be in order in case of an emergency. Be sure to speak about, organize and understand the following materials:
- Will & testament
- Living trusts
- Advance directives
- Power of attorney
Speaking to your parent or loved one about these sensitive materials is never easy, but we have tips on how to navigate a conversation. Reach out to a Independence Village community near you and one of our Community Specialists will help you through the process.
We know sometimes your loved one just wants to relax, and sometimes he or she may want to socialize or reignite a passion. Watching the game, playing cards, gardening, cooking, crocheting and everything in between, we tailor events and activities to touch each resident’s interests and hobbies. Take a look at some of the things happening at our communities.
Whether your loved one still enjoys cooking or would rather be served, or maybe a bit of both — We can accommodate. Our chefs are present every evening in the dining room and dietitians are available to ensure all dietary needs are met. We craft our own recipes and even recreate yours if you’d like! To ensure we are delivering meals you love, resident feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.
May 21st, 2019
The human brain loses 1 percent of its cells every year after surpassing middle aged. This is why everyone will experience some form of memory loss in their lifetime. However, combating the onset of memory loss is possible if you start preparing early.Read More